INSTITUTE for LASER, PLASMA and RADIATION PHYSICS
LABORATORY of SOLID-STATE QUANTUM ELECTRONICS
● Laser active materials; ♦ Materials
♦ Materials of interest
● Luminescent materials: phosphors for lamps, screens, white light emission, luminescent probes, radiation converters, detectors;
● Non-linear optical materials.
♦ Types of materials● Transparent single crystalline, polycrystalline or nanocrystalline materials activated with ions of transitions groups (3d, rare earth, uranium).
♦ Technologies● Crystal growth from melt;
● Production of nanocrystalline materials by precipitation, combustion, sol-gel techniques;
● Production of transparent polycrystalline materilas by ceramic techniques (solid-state synthesis, sintering of nanocrystalline materials);
● Processing of components (oriented cutting, polishing).
and global properties
♦ Structural and global properties● X-ray diffraction;
|Laboratory of Solid-State Quantum Electronics|