INSTITUTE for LASER, PLASMA and RADIATION PHYSICS
LABORATORY of SOLID-STATE QUANTUM ELECTRONICS
♦ Advanced Design of Solid-State Lasers● Transverse or longitudinal pump geometries;
● Diode-pump optimization of active laser elements (controlled doping, composite materials);
● Edge-pumped thin-disc lasers;
● Advanced cooling solutions for temperature control inside laser media;
● Efficient generation of visible light (blue, green, red) by frequency doubling of the fundamental wavelengths using birefringent phase-matching in bulk nonlinear crystals
and by quasi-phase matching in periodically-poled structures;
● Efficient giant pulse generation;
● Short pulse laser for generation and detection of THz radiation.
● Waveguide lasers realized by direct writing with fs-laser beam.
♦ Passive Laser Components● Thin films deposition;
● Cutting, grinding, polishing laser components.
♦ Applications of Solid-State Lasers● Interaction of laser radiation with various materials (metals, semiconductors, isolators, biologic hard and soft tissues;
● Laser processing of metallic or nonmetallic materials (heating, cutting, drilling, welding, or powder sintering for rapid prototyping);
● Controlled removal of thin layers by laser;
● Laser ignition;
● Detection of hazardous materials using THz radiation.
Laboratory of Solid-State Quantum Electronics